MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Friday denied claims circulating online that it ordered the closure of major e-commerce platforms such as Shopee, Lazada, Facebook Marketplace, Carousell, and TikTok.
The clarification came after a viral video posted by a certain Jay-ar Pastrana alleged that the DOTr sought to shut down these platforms, which would supposedly affect delivery riders.
“This is fake news,” the DOTr said in a statement, stressing that the issue was taken out of context.
According to the agency, the matter being addressed in its recent press conference concerned unauthorized online resellers and hoarders of Beep cards, which had been spotted on the said platforms. The DOTr said that only these illegal sellers were the subject of possible takedown, not the platforms themselves.
The department also warned that individuals spreading false information online could face legal action.
DOTr denies ordering shutdown of online selling platforms

It urged commuters and netizens to be vigilant against misinformation on social media and to report accounts that deliberately spread false claims.
DOTr denies ordering shutdown of online selling platforms, This news data comes from:http://bahfprho.aichuwei.com
- Plea written in blood saves Chinese woman trapped in locked room
- No winner in lotto draws for Aug 23
- CBCP president urges Israel to stop military operations in Gaza
- Vatican puts Pope Francis' ecological preaching into practice with vocational farm center
- Group: Register for free PhilHealth medicines
- India will not 'bow down,' trade minister says after US tariffs
- Napoles gets 55 years for another ‘pork’ case
- Govt eyes charges vs Discayas over 'unfinished' PH Film Heritage Building
- Vico Sotto could challenge VP Sara in 2028 race – survey
- BuCor chief calls for major reforms